Craven PRS Improvement Plan Priorities
Listed below are the priorities that form the PRS Improvement Plan (PIP) for 2020-2021. These
have been identified as the key priorities in order to ensure outstanding outcomes for students in terms of both their academic and personal development. Each priority has been broken down into
separate objectives that support their completion. This is documented in the full PIP.
Quality of education
- To ensure that quality of teaching remains strong throughout the Covid pandemic
- To implement a recovery strategy to ensure that pupils make good progress despite lost learning
- To develop classroom strategies that improve students’ reading, writing & communication
Behaviour and attitudes
- To ensure good attendance of all students and groups of students throughout the Covid pandemic and to
reduce the level of persistent absence.
- To establish and increase level of engagement in learning of all students and groups of
- To ensure that all KS4 students have access to high quality work experience and other experiences that
helps to prepare them successfully for the world of work.
- To ensure that an age-appropriate, Relationship and Sex Education and Health Education programme that
meets statutory requirements is in place by April 2021 at the latest.
Leadership and management
- To ensure that school is as Covid-safe as possible and to maintain high standards of hygiene and safety
- To review leadership and management responsibilities to ensure they meet the current needs of the
- To ensure strong levels of leadership and accountability at all levels and across all
- To take positive steps towards meeting financial and other conditions that would allow the PRS to join a MAT
or other affiliation.
- To work with all stakeholders to implement a new sustainable model by Sept 2021.
- To ensure the service remains effective during this period of significant change for governors, leaders,
staff and students.
- To introduce a high-quality vocational curriculum that meets the needs of both short term and long term PEx
and preventative pupils by September 2021.